Attention! This job posting is 30 days old and might be already filled.
|Date Posted||Sep 08, 2015|
WHO WE ARE
American Minerals is a family held mineral and royalty company based in Centennial, Colorado. We’ve worked with hundreds of mineral and royalty owners across the U.S. helping them unlock value from their mineral property. We use our exceptional resources and highly skilled people to provide solutions to individuals, families, farmers, ranchers, educational institutions, businesses and land owners. We’ve built our organization around our customers, focusing on what serves them best, while seeking the success that matters most to us, highly satisfied customers and enduring relationships. Employees at American Minerals thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture and are energetic, passionate and committed to their work. American Minerals operates under its core values which include hard work, leadership, and passion. We are looking for someone who is excited about who we are, where we’re going, and willing to put in the extra time and effort to make the business a success.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are currently looking for a Senior Landman who will be responsible for the management and execution of the Company’s acquisition efforts. The primary responsibility is to direct and oversee the Company’s purchasing policies, objectives, and initiatives to set short and long term acquisition strategies and evaluate the effectiveness of the current acquisition program. This role is charged with providing strategic input, tactical planning, and proactive management of the company’s acquisition goals and objectives.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Implement acquisition goals and objectives to ensure growth of company’s asset base
- Develop and manage an acquisitions team, ensuring they meet or exceed their goals and the company’s goals
- Develop weekly, monthly, and annual goals for each of the acquisition team members
- Effectively communicate the Company’s value proposition and differentiation with its customer base
- Proactively build and maintain a pipeline of acquisition targets, contacts, and acquisition opportunities
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning with executive leadership
- Work with marketing and acquisition personnel to keep product literature up to date
- Manage CRM database to ensure that opportunities, revenue, meeting notes, reports, contacts, and other pertinent information is accurate and current
- Develop and execute strategic marketing and acquisition events
- Actively participate in the acquisition process via customer meetings, entertainment, and attendance at client or other relevant industry events
- Administer the staffing, training, and performance review functions for the acquisition department
- Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and company’s standards of performance are met
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical initiatives to increase the company’s share in new markets
- Conduct daily and weekly progress meetings with acquisition team
- Coach and mentor acquisition personnel when appropriate
- Other duties as required
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in relevant field (i.e. Business Administration, Sales, Sales and Marketing, etc.)
- 5+ years in a direct land role with a consistent record of success
- Ability to train and manage new personnel
- Experience working in a start-up environment, preferred
Please send your resume to careers@americanminerals. com.
American Minerals is an equal opportunity employer and no employment decisions will be based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. M/F/D/V